For over three thousand years Kava has been an integral part of the religious and social traditions of South Pacific island culture. The aromatic roots of Kava are used to make a traditional beverage. This drink is consumed to achieve deep relaxation and to help forget about everyday problems. Consuming Kava helps people around the world to find harmony in their lives.
1. Quick method
Mix 2-3 tablespoons of Kavaha (approx. 15 g) with 250-350 ml of warm water per serving, in a standard blender. Blend on high speed setting for 5 minutes. Strain through a strainer bag. Chill your Kavaha drink or add ice and enjoy!
2. Traditional method
– Place your strainer bag inside a bowl.
– Add 2-3 tablespoons of Kavaha (approx. 15 g) per serving into the strainer bag.
– Pour 250-350 ml of warm water per serving into the strainer bag.
– Leave Kavaha for 5-10 minutes, until the roots soften.
– Twist the top of the strainer bag, then knead and wring out the bag for 5-10 minutes whilst keeping it submerged in water.
– Remove the strainer bag from the bowl and save the leftover Kavaha for your next serving.
– Chill your Kavaha drink or add ice and enjoy!
Recommended water temperature: 30-40 Celsius degrees.